May 26, 2023
For the week of May 29, 2023, bridge replacement activity is scheduled as follows, weather permitting:
|Monday, May 29||Memorial Day Holiday – no work scheduled|
|Tuesday, May 30 – Thursday, June 1||7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.|
|Friday, June 2||7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.|
ROADWAY AND SIDEWALK USERS:
- The eastbound (south side) sidewalk on the bridge has been reopened for pedestrians and bicyclists.
- All roadway and sidewalk travelers should be aware of construction and delivery vehicles entering and exiting the work areas on both sides of Rumson Road (CR 520) in Rumson and on the southbound side of Ocean Avenue (Route 36) in Sea Bright.
- Temporary delays are possible on any Contractor work day due to movement of construction vehicles and equipment.
- Bridge replacement work activity continues on both sides of the Shrewsbury River south of the bridge.
- The 65’ navigational channel width is expected to remain in effect until Fall 2023.
- Please see the Public Notice for information on future changes to channel access.
Please visit this page regularly for updates.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding during the construction phase of this important bridge replacement project.